Sunday, December 13, 2009

2D1N Soju BAng Korean Restaurant

Ever heard of 2D1N Sujo Bang? I had just finish a super delicious meal there. As usual a good meal will always make me as happy as a child who receives a candy. The words that I can use to describe this Korean restaurant are Fantastic, Excellent, Delicious, and Value for money, Fresh! It is know as 2D1N Soju BangKorean Restaurant, funny name right? But I was mesmerized by the food that I forget to ask why it is name so.

To be true, the first time I walk past this restaurant, my first impression is it is costly [from the menu] but the endless Korean crowd drawn me to it. So I decided, I have to give it a try the next time I come to Tanjong Pager. So here I am, standing in 2D1N at about 9plus pm, waiting for a lady to clear the table. The atmosphere here gives you a homely feeling if you love or miss Korea because there is warm welcome from the Korean staffs and plenty of Korean guests around. So it is not exactly a romantic place but more like a place for oversea Korean to gather when they miss their home. But they have the individual room so if you book the room before you go it be more cozy for you.

Well coming to the main points, why I would still want to go back and highly recommend this place. It is because of it generous and high quality food. Can you believe, for a $30 sg, you can a simmering hot pork rib with potato soup throughout the meal [like steamboat], free refillable Korean side dishes [5 types] and free bottle mineral water. Do not underestimate the Korean side dishes, they are really fresh and I guess they are all home make by them. We are served with whole piece of silken tofu laced with some Korean sauce, crunchy cucumber [which make u feel very healthy when u eat it =) hence I ask for 2nd round], traditional kimchi [not too spicy or what, just right to eat it alone], honey sweet tapioca and radish. I feel guilty for not able to finish up these side dishes. As for the main dish, the pork rib are those with soft bone full of collagen, tender, boneless and big piece [I don’t consider soft bone as bone as they can be eaten =)] This dish is accompany with potato well cooked, leeks and some other herbal vegetables [I don’t know what are those but definitely not our typical Chinese vegetable]. And the soup base is not too salty, we are able to just dine on the main dish without any rice. And they will help you refill the soup as well without you waving for them to refill. So, I must say they are quite attentive.

So for only $30 [main dish price] +$3[service charge], you have free kimchi, bottle mineral water, wet tissue and dry tissue for 2 pax. In fact, it can be for 3 to 4 gals serving. What more, there is pub beside it, if you do not wish to drink soju, you can hop over to the pub beside it.

Oh, 1 more thing, we end our meal about 10.30pm and there is still plenty of people inside 2D1N. A couple beside still went out for a smoke and go back to continue their meal.
Good service & good food, I will return again to try out their other dishes =)
Warning: My photo is taken by iphone and with poor lighting, it did not do the dishes justly.



Address
30 Maxwell Road
#01-01

Tel: +65 6227 6033
Opening hours
Mon–Fri
11.30am–2.30pm, 5.30pm–3am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog